Pokemon Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-Poke Battle Island-

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Gen 5 NU] 8 and 15

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Term
Admin
Term

[Gen 5 NU] 8 and 15 Empty
PostSubject: [Gen 5 NU] 8 and 15   [Gen 5 NU] 8 and 15 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 12:53 am

camruptz ok
Spoiler:
[Gen 5 NU] 8 and 15 323[Gen 5 NU] 8 and 15 497[Gen 5 NU] 8 and 15 503[Gen 5 NU] 8 and 15 348[Gen 5 NU] 8 and 15 452[Gen 5 NU] 8 and 15 Rotom-fan

Sup, Term here with a team that has pokemon, 6 of them to be exact. I used a number of teams this month but this one stuck to me, cuz CAMEL. I decided to make a team around Camerupt. It's a very strong pokeman, wielding a ginormous sp.atk stat of 105!! Hitting 508 with choice specs equipped obliterating everything in it's path, except Alomomola .-. There's nothing really special about the team BESIDES CAMERUPT, I wanted a team that could minimize prediction, because I suck, and I wanted quick matches. I didn't quite center the team around Camerupt through synergy, I just stacked threats that counter other threats for maximum THREAT COVERAGE.

Spoiler:

[Gen 5 NU] 8 and 15 323
Camerupt (F) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earth Power
- Overheat

"Camerupt has a volcano inside its body. Magma of 18,000 degrees F courses through its body. Occasionally, the humps on this pokémon's back erupt, spewing the superheated magma." The man is a VOLCANIC CAMEL. HELLO? All jokes aside, Camerupt is a monster. 105 Sp.Atk, nice all around 70 defenses, and a pretty well rounded moveset. I gave it choice specs as most walls just don't see it coming, Fire Blast and Earth Power, my obligatory STABS, Overheat to abuse my sacred camel's raw power and I round the set off with HP Ice to hit the uncommon, yet annoying Altaria. It's speed is nothing to cheer for, but Camy's damage dealing prowess makes up for it ten times over.
Calcs:
Spoiler:
Just a taste of what camerupt can do to mons that tend to stay in, Stronk eh?

[Gen 5 NU] 8 and 15 497

Serperior (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

What can I say about Serperior other than it's a boss? Giga Drain is there so I can get some nice delicious nutritious recovery, while still maintaining added power from the life orb. Giga Drain when I'm in grass torrent is amazing, especially when I got some boosts. I have Hidden Power Fire over say HP Rock just to hit annoying Ferrowhore and Klinklang. Calm Mind is to up Serperior's sweeping capabilities (You ain't gettin' anywhere wit 75 sp.atk naw) Substitute rounds out the set as it helps serp get some boosts, and brings it closer to grass torrent.

[Gen 5 NU] 8 and 15 503

Samurott (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Taunt / Aqua Jet

Samurott, a perfect fit on any Heavy Offense. I took a liking to Samurott ever since BW came out, I thought Emboar was too yummy, and Serperior was cool and all, but it's a snake, so Samurott, the Water squirting machine cannon legend smith of Generation 5. Pretty standard Sam, nothing special, but mineswell go over it. I originally had surf in place of Hydro Pump, because hax is dum, but Hydro Pump's power was just too yummy. Ice beam for common grass type, I choose Grass Knot over HP Grass as the only thing I'm benefiting from with hp grass is hitting Momo and Gorebyss a little stronger. Grass Knot effectively takes care of the current meta scoring big domage against opposing Sam, Gastro, Seismitoad, Mon's with sturdy (If hitting hydro pump's isn't your thing) and lastly, I like having all my IVs Smile I have taunt slashed over Aqua Jet to bust stall open for camerupt, but it can be swapped out for Aqua Jet.

[Gen 5 NU] 8 and 15 348

Armaldo (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Superpower
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- X-Scissor

So due to me being a hipster, I wanted to use an Armaldo for something other than Rapid Spin or Rain. I wanted a lead to dent other leads, specifically Piloswine, Ferroseed, Golem, etc. The obvious Stealth Rocks are Obvious,  I run Rock Blast over Stone Edge for again the reason that I'm trying to dent leads, the uncommon Ninjask won't appreciate it. X-Scissor for strong STAB. Finally, I have Superpower. Superpower over Rapid Spin? i know I'm a lunatic, but hear me out. I want Armaldo to dent walls, so camel can easily ko something on switch in, the only mon on my team who is partially hindered by Stealth Rock is Rotom, and having spinner for a mon that isn't Charizard, silly.

[Gen 5 NU] 8 and 15 479-spin

Rotom-S @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
- Air Slash

Standard Rotom is standard, not sure what to say about it other than it's boss sauce. I tested this team out with Rotom-F (Wide Lens) and didn't enjoy missing Blizzard, so I switched to this form, lacks bolt/beam but you could sub out T-Bolt or Volt Switch for HP Ice. The choice scarf on him glues my teams down and makes it half usable, not as efficient as an air balloon, but it'll do.

[Gen 5 NU] 8 and 15 452

Drapion (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Taunt
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Crunch

Drapion man, not sure why you're in NU but sure! Again with the stallbreaking eh? I start the set off with Taunt, I use taunt over poison jab for many reasons, 1. Posion Jab hits only tangela and Momo effectively whom both in the end will just force me to switch regardless off what i have. Swords Dance is for late game sweeping, I rarely use this, but it comes in handy. Earthquake for the Steels of the tier who resist Crunch, which brings me to the next moves, Crunch! Crunch becuase strong 80 bp, defense drop chance, and obligatory stab (Night Slash is forbidden)

Note that my team has no priority, early game planning advised. And with that folks, my rmt!! Any suggestions/feedback would be appreciated. KEEP CALM AND USE CAMEL
Back to top Go down
https://icterine.board-directory.net

[Gen 5 NU] 8 and 15
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Island :: League :: Leaders-
Jump to: